Why is the Christmas tree so beautiful in December and then such a menace in January? It became a lot huge and overbearing by January. The Christmas decor felt like clutter. But, it wasn’t Christmas’ fault! It was all my other stuff, on top of Christmas stuff that pushed me over the edge.
So, in January, I pledged to get rid of 30 bags in 30 days.
30 Bags in 30 Days Action Plan:
1. Grab a garbage bag & a donate bag to tackle a “hot spot”. Junk drawer, bathroom cabinets, closet, laundry room, all great places to begin.
2. Throw out anything broken. Period. You’re not going to fix it. Throw it out. Nobody else wants it either. 🙂 sorry for the tough love!
3. Take out anything that doesn’t belong in that spot. Place it in a pile to put away.
4. Take out anything that doesn’t have a spot.
- Do you like it?
- Have you used it in the past 6 months?
- Do you have more of that item than you can use?
- Do you have a place to store it?
(if you answered no to any of these questions, put it into the donate bag!)
5. Get your bags out of your space. Immediately after I finish, I put my donate bag in my hatch. The quicker it gets out of my house, the sooner I forget about it.
Are you joining with me in the 30 Bags in 30 Days Challenge? Post a comment below and share your experiences!
Blessings on a clutter free home!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!