At Christmas, I’m so busy decorating, baking, shopping and cooking, I forget to keep our family focused on what the season is really all about. Now, here I am, elbow deep in food dye, jellybeans, egg hunts and easter bonnets. How can I make sure I am staying focused on the gospel?
The gospel is simply this…Jesus came to earth, for me. Lived a perfect life, for me. Died a horrible death, for me. He loved me while I was still a sinner…and he loves me still, though I sin more than I care to admit.
I want my kids to know why we celebrate Easter. It is so much more than a “spring celebration”. It means everything to Christians and should be what our entire life is based around. If you too, find yourself distracted by the chocolate bunnies, try implementing a few of these family-friendly ideas into your Easter holiday celebrations.
5 Meaningful Ways You Can Celebrate Easter with Your Family:
1. Celebrate the last week of Jesus with these cute printables. Wee Little Miracles Blog
2. Watch an inspirational movie or read a book about Easter. (If you have older teens, watch The Passion.)
3. Eat the Last Supper with your family. Check out this great blog as a family celebrates a Christian passover with their young children. A Small Snippet celebrates a Christian Passover
4. Take the devotional challenge by reading the story of the gospel to your kids each night leading up to Easter. I found a great devotional on You Version. Search in plans for, “It is Finished” Was Just the Beginning. I has two devotionals each day, one aimed at adult readers and one for the kids. Since it is an eight-day devotional, we plan on beginning on Palm Sunday and finishing on Easter.
5. Celebrate Easter by attending & joining a life-giving church! If you are in the Chicago area, come and visit The Life!
Here is my Pinterest Board on Meaningful Easter for Families. I found a bunch of great resources! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
We would love to hear your ideas and traditions to make Easter full of meaning for your family. Please shout them out in the comments below.
Don’t miss another great family-centered post! Subscribe today!
[pin_follow klschicago=”pinterest” label=”Click to Follow Pinterest!”]
Related articles across the web
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!