This has been one of my top pinned posts on Pinterest. So, with Valentines Day coming up…I wanted to put it out here again. Enjoy!
I love Valentines Day. I guess I am a romantic at heart. 🙂 Either that, or I love a day where you can you can eat as much chocolate as you want. Our family loves to celebrate all sorts of little holidays. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be sharing all sorts of lovely ideas for Valentines Day. Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a thing!
Here are some fun recipes and a great activity to make your Valentines Day a special one!
Yumo! Super sweet Cinnamon Rolls – recipe from Cooks Illustrated.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of half and half
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup of maraschino liquid (keep adding until color intended, it doesn't add flavor)
- 1. Heat milk, half and half, and chocolate chips on the stovetop, until chips are melted.
- 2. Take off heat, add extract and maraschino liquid.
- 3. Pour into cute heat-proof glasses (or ball jars).
- 4. Add whipping cream.
- 5. Crush up conversation hearts, use pink chocolate chips or sprinkles. (I like salt...but, I'm just weird like that 🙂
This is before the sugar binge ensues. (note to self: next time, not so much sugar in one sitting! 🙂
Then, craft time begins! We were challenged to write a story only using conversation hearts. It was so fun seeing how everyone came up with a unique storyline all their own.
Israel came up with a Western story.
“So fine!” (On bucking bronco)
” Lol.” (falls off bronco)
I hope this gives you some easy ideas on how to make your Valentines Day a special one! Does your family have some fun and special traditions for Valentines? Please share them in the comments below. Or, if you have a recent blog post, please add that link in the comments!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!