(This post contains affiliate links but all opinions are my own.)
Just last month, my sister asked me if I was using Amazon Prime’s Music. I was like, whaaaa? I didn’t even know it existed! I should tell you, I already loved Amazon Prime. I save HOURS by shopping online instead of searching through stores. I save GOBS of money on free shipping. It feels like I order something and my Amazon delivery guy is knocking on my door. It’s already so fantastic, but it also comes with tons of benefits. And, they keep adding more and more. I thought I would recap all the great things you should be taking advantage of from your Prime membership!
AMAZON PRIME’S MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
- Free shipping – This is probably the best thing & the reason why you signed up for Prime. I don’t know if it’s a mental thing with me, but if I have to pay shipping on top of my purchase, I won’t buy online.
- Free Prime Now shipping – Oh, my! This is new. I haven’t even tried it yet, but I can’t wait. One and two-hour shipping on a variety of items. (Not available everywhere.)
- Amazon Prime Music – No ads, search by playlists or artists or genre. It’s fantastic and TOTALLY FREE. Amazon just came out with music unlimited which is $7.99 a month, but why pay? I have access to 2 million songs for free. That’s plenty for me! 😉 Btw, they have an app, that is super easy to use. And, it doesn’t just have music, I love to listen to Jim Gaffigan or Brian Regan on my app when I am driving.
- Amazon Prime Video – If you don’t have Prime, it is kind of like Netflix. They have tons of free shows & movies.
- Prime Early Access – Prime users get access to the sales before the general population of Amazon shoppers. Especially helpful during the pre-Christmas sales.
- Discounted pricing on Amazon’s Free Time Unlimited – Free Time is a kid-friendly collection of books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games. For one child it is only $2.99/month, 2-4 children is $6.99/month.
- Free Kindle First Books – Every month, editors at Amazon round up a selection of new Kindle books for you to try. You receive one free Kindle First book of your choosing, monthly.
- Free Kindle Books – You’ve got to check out the huge amount of FREE Kindle books. Harry Potter, the Hobbit, business books, romances, fiction, non-fiction…it’s an amazing selection.
- Free Magazines – Ok, I just found this today and I am totally stoked! Go to your Prime account, click on Prime Reading, scroll to find the magazines. You can read current issues of BH&G, Food & Wine, Elle, Real Simple, Sports Illustrated KIDS, & TONS MORE, for FREE. You just read them on your Kindle app on any device.
- Prime Family – This gives you 20% off diapers & 15% off other baby-related items. Wow, I wish I still had babies in the house! 🙂
- Prime Photos – unlimited photo storage for you and up to five others. Why pay for Google Photos or Microsoft One Drive when you are already paying for your Amazon Prime subscription?
- Audible Channels – unlimited, free streaming audio channels. I haven’t used this much, but I am a HUGE Audible junkie (audiobooks are my life!) To access Audible Channels, go to your Audible app, click on the bottom tab where it says “channels.” There are short stories, life hacks, stories from history and stand-up comedy routines. Nice variety. I haven’t tried this out yet, let me know if you like it!
- Get Free Home Cleaning – This is speaking my love language – Amazon is now going to clean my house?! Yes! This benefit can happen when you are checking out. Make sure to always look at your shipping options and don’t just click the normal accept 2 day shipping. For example, right now, I am shopping for Christmas gifts so I don’t need them to be delivered in 2 days. Just this week, they offered me a $20 credit to Home Services if I chose 5-day shipping. I have chosen this three times, so I have $60 worth of Home Services saved up!
If you aren’t already using Amazon Prime:
I hope this helped you see the incredible value of the program! Click on the banner to try a month of free shipping for all of your Christmas shopping. It will save you oodles of time this holiday season!
And, if you already have Amazon Prime, I hope you found a few new benefits to stretch your dollars a little further!
Would you like to learn more about saving money? Check out these posts!
- The Secret to Going on a Budget
- Christmas Worksheets to Budget & Track your Christmas Spending
- How to save money on your Starbucks’ Addiction
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!