Are you thinking of throwing a huge, summer party but don’t want to kill your budget or yourself? You’ve got to do this laid-back, affordable, super-scrumptious dessert party. We recently wanted to have a fun, springy, dessert party for all our volunteers at our church. We were planning for 50-75 people and of course, this had to be done on a budget. It turned out to be the funnest party we’ve ever thrown. And super-SUPER-easy to pull off. Here are the plans on setting up for your own Ball-Jar Dessert Bar Party.
Here is our list of supplies:
(click on the printable below for your shopping list!)
72 – Ball Jars
100 – Wooden Spoons (purchased at Party City)
4 – Chocolate Sheet Cakes (I just made a simple cake out of a box, but you could do it as snazzy as you would like.)
2 – Boxes of graham crackers, crushed.
2 lbs – melted butter, mixed with the graham crackers.
15 – cans of apple pie filling
4 gallons of vanilla ice cream
2 jars – carmel topping (for the apple pie)
4 jars – hot fudge topping (for the chocolate cake)
6 jars – assorted sprinkles
2 jars – cinnamon red hots (how yummy for the apple pie??!!)
4 jars – marachino cherries
4 cans – whipping cream
1 large bag – chopped nuts
Beach balls – from the dollar store
Plastic Leis – from party city
Sand and shells – from JoAnne Fabrics
Paper lanterns – from Target
Coffee & water is obviously necessary, too!
- 72 - Ball Jars - (purchased at Target)
- 100 - Wooden Spoons - (purchased at Party City)
- 4 - Chocolate Sheet Cakes (I just made a simple cake out of a box, but you could do it as snazzy as you would like.)
- 2 - Boxes of graham crackers, crushed
- 2 lbs - melted butter, mixed with the graham crackers
- 15 - cans of apple pie filling
- 4 gallons of vanilla ice cream
- 2 jars - carmel topping (for the apple pie)
- 4 jars - hot fudge topping (for the chocolate cake)
- 6 jars - assorted sprinkles
- 2 jars - cinnamon red hots (how yummy is that for the apple pie??!!)
- 4 jars - marachino cherries
- 4 cans - whipping cream
- 1 large bag - chopped nuts
- Beach balls - (from the dollar store)
- Plastic Leis - (from Party City)
- Sand and shells - (from JoAnne Fabrics)
- Paper lanterns - (from Target)
- Coffee & water is obviously necessary, too!
Like a bozo, I was running around like crazy and totally forgot to get a picture of a finished product. Just know that they were delicious and I may have eaten one for you! 😉
I hope this helps you plan a super-fun and easy summer party!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!