BEEF BONE STOCK RECIPE:
5 lbs of beef soup bones
2 T of tomato paste
2 carrots, peeled
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 T Black Peppercorn
4 Thyme stocks
2 Bay Leaves
6 stems of Parsley
- Buy your beef bones at a local butcher shop.
- 5 lbs of beef soup bones
- 2 T of Tomato Paste
- 2 Carrots, peeled
- 2 celery
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- Bouquet Garni:
- 2 T Black Peppercorn
- 4 Thyme stocks
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 stems of Parsley
- For the first two steps, set oven to 400 degrees and turn every 15 minutes.
- Using a large roasting pan, roast beef bones, tossed with oil, for 60 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and vegetables, roast 45 minutes.
- Remove beef bones and vegetables and place in stock pot.
- Deglaze roasting pan, remove most of the grease and add liquid to stock pot.
- Add the Bouquet Garni (tied in a cheese cloth packet.
- Add water to cover, then simmer for 8 hours.
- Remember to skim the foam off the top occassionaly.
- After 8 hours:
- Remove solids, strain through fine mesh sieve, cool overnight, skimming away most of the fat that forms on the top.
FRENCH ONION SOUP Recipe:
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!