An easy way to prepare your beets:
- Citrus Vinaigrette:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Equal amount of other fresh fruit juice (i.e., mango, orange)
- A bit of vinegar
- Lemon Zest
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- Salad Ingredients:
- 2-3 beets, roasted, peeled & diced
- goat cheese, cubed
- walnuts, chopped (optional: light roast to bring out the aroma!)
- While the beets are cooling, chop the goat cheese & the walnuts. Mix all the ingredients of the vinaigrette except for the olive oil. Continue whisking as you slowly stream in olive oil. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Once the beets are cool, toss with the citrus vinaigrette. Chop walnuts and goat cheese and put on top of beets right before serving. Beet juice stains easily, so don’t pre-mix this salad.
How do you like your beets? Shout out or link to your latest blog post in the comments below!
If you liked this post, check out all of Brenda’s recipes here. Also, subscribe today, if you don’t want to miss any more great content!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!