Keep your kids busy and happy on your camping trip:
Start with a paper plate
Build your “fire ring” with black licorice
Lay down your kindling – shaved coconut
Lay down your logs – pretzels
Start your fire by pouring any red candy on it – Red Hots (or any red candy will do)
Gobble it up!
- Paper plates
- Black licorice
- Shaved coconut
- Pretzels (sticks)
- Red Hots or Red Gummy Bears
- Start with a paper plate
- Build your "fire ring" with black licorice
- Lay down your kindling - shaved coconut
- Lay down your logs - pretzels
- Start your fire by pouring any red candy on it - Red Hots (or any red candy will do)
- Gobble it up!
3. Hula-Hoop Contest (adults vs. kids is the best)
|no limits hula hoop contest!!|
4. SPOONS COMPETITION – it was a great game for a large group and super fun with kids too. We began with around 12 people, the picture below was when it was getting down to the wire, only 3 people still in! The competition was FIERCE! 🙂
|by the end of the game, people were diving on the table for a spoon! oh, yeah!|
If you want to learn how to play spoons, click here.
5. ART – One of our friends brought art supplies and entertained all the kids at their campsite with glitter, crayons and coloring pages. (They had such fun…it occupied even the boys!)
6. CAMPFIRE SONGS – The sun goes down, everyone is cooling off after a day of activity. Huddle up next to the fire, wrap yourselves in quilts and each other. Sing while making s’mores. What could be nicer?
8. MAKE MEALS PART OF THE FUN
|of course, ya gotta have s’mores!!|
Tons of variations of S’Mores:
1. Switch out the chocolate with Peanut Butter Cups, Nutella, or a fancy salted chocolate bar. A Heath Bar is even worth a try! 🙂
2. Switch out marshmallows with the giant marshmallows.
3. Switch out the graham crackers with a banana, topped with mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips, wrapped in tinfoil and roasted in the coals.
What are your favorite camping activities? Please share them in the comments below!
Summer afternoon – Summer afternoon… the two most beautiful words in the English language. – Henry James
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!