We love looking at lights every Christmas. When I say we, I mean, me and the hubs. To be honest, the kids act like they are being tortured after the first half hour! They like the first huge light show. So, this year I thought we could add a Christmas Scavenger Hunt to our tradition. I want them to look for things that point our hearts to Christ as well as making it fun for them! It might be a fun added incentive to give them a Hershey’s Kiss for each thing they find (sugar-induced-coma anyone?) Or, on second thought, a pretzel might compliment the hot cocoa better.
We like to make hot cocoa, put it into our thermoses, pile in blankets and drive around our town with the windows down! Here’s the Yummiest Crock-Pot Homemade Hot Cocoa Recipe on the Planet. I like to make it in the crock-pot, so we can drink more warm cocoa when we get home. #cozychristmas
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (I prefer mixing semi-sweet & bittersweet)
- optional: 1 tsp of decaf espresso powder (makes everything more chocolatey!)
- optional: get crazy & throw in a cinnamon stick or two!
- Add all the ingredients to the crock-pot.
- Turn on low for 2 hours.
- Wisk together all the ingredients.
- Pour into your mug & top as desired! (whipping cream, marshmallows, sprinkles, candy canes! Or, all of the above! 😉 )
ChristmasScavengerHuntPDF. Enjoy! I hope this makes looking at the lights with the littles more enjoyable for your family, too!
Looking for more Christmas-themed posts? Check these out!
- 12 Awesome Gift Books for your pre-teen/teen boy/girl! – I love books as gifts! This is a great round-up!
- A Christmas Home Tour – needing some inspiration for decorating the your home outside?
- Building Time Together into your Christmas Traditions
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!