Because I love rhubarb, I wanted to share a picture of my dessert from my birthday dinner, La Belle Vie courtesy of my BFF Mari. My favorite course was this lovely rhubarb desert. The slice of rhubarb on the top was fork cut-able. I would love to tell you how to make it, but I have no idea so you won’t find out here today. Sorry!
- ALL-NATURAL RECIPE (no pectin):
- 1 1/2 pounds of rhubarb cut to 1/4 inch
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- Juice from 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- Heat all ingredients for an hour, skimming the foam as you go.
- Use an immersion blender to purée.
- Make sure the taste is to your liking before canning.
- INSTRUCTIONS ON CANNING:
- Heat water to boiling in a canning pot with a wire rack in the bottom.
- Add 11 1/2 pint jars and tops to cleanse.
- Remove, turning upside down on a kitchen towel.
- Once the rhubarb mixture is done use a wide mouthed funnel to fill the jars.
- Wipe the top rim to ensure a trustworthy seal.
- Top with lids and process (boil in a pot of water) for 12 minutes, ensuring the water completely covers the jars.
- Take out and allow to cool on the counter for 12 hours.
- Check the seals to ensure the suction worked on each.
- Tighten lids and store in a cool, dark place. Or, better yet, give them out as gifts.
- If you have a couple that didn't seal, just pop it in the fridge and use it within a week. It's a great excuse to dig in right away. 🙂
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!