Last weekend, we had a glamorous camping (aka glamping) birthday party for my daughter. We planned on having a backyard movie night, with all the girls snuggled up in their sleeping bags OUTSIDE, making s’mores, wearing glow sticks, bonfire, the whole deal. Fun, right?!
Except that it rained. No, it deluged. Think Noah’s flood, then dial it back a little. Since, we were planning on it being outside, we weren’t too worried about the number of girls. But, once it moved inside, as you will see, we were packed in like sardines. But, it turned out a super-fun time anyway! As the corny saying goes, “Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.” ha!
Here are a few pics from the party:
Now, to get to the DIY signs that I made for the party. These turned out so cute and really brought together our theme so well. You don’t need to be particularly artistic to pull this off, as you will see.
You will need the following:
- a pallet, weathered if possible.
- acrylic paint
- a 1-2″ paintbrush
- a container, we used a metal bucket
- a filler, we used river rocks, but you could use floral foam and cover with moss as well. The river rocks are sold at home and garden centers in bags.
- Taking your pallet, cut the horizontal boards to desired length. Leave as many boards as you want attached to the vertical board that will go into the ground or a container.
- Clean off the boards of any dust.
- Mix your acrylic paints to the desired hue. I added white to my hot pink, to help it stretch farther.
- Plan out your message.
- Paint your message with a thick brush. So charmingly imperfect!
- If you have extra space at the end of a word, draw a quirky picture. *see tent
For a sign that is going to be hung inside, or will be a temporary sign, this works perfectly!
NOTE: If you want this sign to last outdoors, you will want to use a wood that has been treated and is weatherproof, instead of using a pallet. You will also need outdoor paint and poly.
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!