Are you struggling to engage your kids in geography? Are they disinterested? Are they getting bogged down with all the memory work? Check out these great resources and help your student EXCEL in geography!
Our Top 5 Geography Resources:
1. Geography Songs – Kathy Troxel – excellent memory work resource! My kids can name the 15 countries in the middle east, as well as all the states on the eastern seaboard and many more. It’s not because they take after me in the genius department. 🙂 It’s all due to how easy this curriculum makes memorizing big chunks of information. It covers the entire world, so we have extended the curriculum to 2 to 3 years.
2. Yo! Sacramento – a wacky little book that is helping us memorize our states & capitals.
3. Enchanted Learning – a great resource for a state by state study. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/geography/
4. Trail Guide to U.S. Geography – this is our main resource for our geography study. It is quite in-depth and to be honest, we haven’t scratched the surface.
5. Little Passports – I love their program! We are using the States Edition in conjunction with our two-year study of the United States geography & history. Each month, they send a packet that reviews two states. Included is a workbook that deals with history or interesting geography from the state, as well as a paper project to make for each state. Also, did you know they are on Pinterest? Lots of great resources to be found on their boards!
Use this free printable for future planning!
What resources do you use for Geography that you couldn’t live without? Please respond with links, ideas or resources in the comments below. Like what you’ve read? Check out our other home schooling posts or sign up so you don’t miss another post!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!