You probably know all of this and have many more good ideas on how to get out of the house, on time, with kids. If you have some ideas, please, share them!
Here is what I have learned:
1. Pack their backpacks the night before (I know I am enabling them and I really don’t care!! 🙂 At the very least, we won’t be scrambling for last minute homework papers, projects or treats for class. That, to me, is more important than children that know how to think for themselves. Just kidding. 😉
2. Start their lunches the night before – everything that does not need refrigeration or to be freshly made in the morning, like sandwiches.
These lunch boxes are so awesome! You will be hearing more about them shortly.
3. Set the table for breakfast. My husband says, really, how much time does this save? Aren’t you being annal retentive? We have a nice relationship like that…very supportive! Ha! But, yes, it does!
4. Lay out their clothes – and yes again, Miss Enabler is at it again! But, if I don’t lay out their clothes in the order that they should put them on, they will put on their shorts and then say…ooh, I forgot to put on clean underwear. I have learned from experience, make it as easy for them as possible and it in turn, it will be easier for you.
5. Give them chores – ok, making a clean break from my enabling ways, they do have chores to complete in the morning. They feed and water Winston, clear off the table and put their dirty clothes in the hamper.
6. Goal: leave with happy kids 🙂
|taken with: Photobooth app for iPhone (love it!)|
So, how do you get out of the house in the morning?
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!