Yes, yes, I know YOU KNOW how to eat a blueberry! Whether it is fresh from your grocery store or farmer’s market, you know just what to do. Or maybe, you’re ambitious and make pies and muffins with the little cuties. Or, you throw the frozen berries into your smoothies. These are all great ways to eat a blueberry. But, I have a few more ways to eat these little health bombs that add more health benefits and are super delicious as well.
These are a few things I do with blueberries:
1. Eat them fresh
2. Put them on a lettuce salad with an easy vinaigrette
3. Toss them with quinoa and a balsamic vinaigrette
4. Use them in a smoothie
5. Put them on your oatmeal or chia pudding
Recipe for Chia Seed Pudding
1/4 c of chia seeds
1 c of almond or coconut milk
1/4 t of vanilla extract
1 t of 100% maple syrup
1/4 c of fresh blueberries
The night before, mix chia seeds and plant based milk in a mason jar and mix well, place in refrigerator overnight
In the morning pour into a bowl and mix in the vanilla, maple syrup and top with blueberries
Quinoa Berry salad, serves 1
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- 1/2 c strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 c blueberries
- 1/2 c cherries, sliced (optional)
- 2 T 100% maple syrup (Grade B is the best!)
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 1 T lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Sunflower seeds (I use raw and unsalted for max nutrition)
- Cilantro, torn
- Cook the quinoa according to directions. To up the flavor a bit toast the quinoa in the sauce pan for a few minutes before adding the water.
- Place in a bowl, top with berries
- In a separate bowl whisk together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, salt and pour over quinoa
- Top with seeds and cilantro
Blueberries are God’s little health bombs, and do you know why? Blueberries are rich in anthocyanins and other compounds that are anti-aging. Eating any fruit is vital to your health and long life. Fruits prevent aging and deterioration of the brain. Fruit is associated with lower mortality rates from ALL cancers. Use fresh fruit to satisfy your craving for something sweet.
Tip Jar: Chia Seeds are another little miracle worker! They swell up and become gelatinous which makes them absorb toxins in the body and whisk them away!
Did you like this post? Please share it on your social media!! We love repins, FB love & Tweets! Thank you!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!