Oh Target, how I love thee…
Saving money at Target is awesome. But, only if you are really super-duper committed. (Spoiler Alert: It does take time & organization.) And nerves of steel. Ok, maybe that last one only if you try to do all this with children. Eeeks. Just bribe them with slushies and you are good to go. Ha!
How to shop at Target:
2. Coupons – there are a few different places to find coupons.
– Newspaper – this is the best place to find coupons. The Dollar Store sells the newspapers for only $1. I usually purchase four every Sunday. These are called manufacturer coupons.
– Online printable coupons – you can find them all at couponmom.com These are also manufacturers coupons.
– the Target website has printable Target coupons.
– Target also will send mobile coupons to your cell phone, if your phone receives short texts. Sign up for it online.
3. Smartphone – for Target mobile coupons and Cartwheel, the savings app for target.
4. Redcard – use this and receive an extra 5% off.
5. Savings Apps – When you leave, go home and take pics of your receipts and get additional savings through ibotta and checkout51. (Savings apps on your phone)
6. Mail in any mail in rebates. (Which is a hassle and I am not usually disciplined enough to do it, but this week, my MIR totaled $25, so yeah, I took the time.)
You can use manufacturers coupons, Target coupons, mobile coupons, and Cartwheel discounts all on the same item! I like to clip like coupons together. (It also makes it easy to pull coupons out of your stack if you decided not to get something, etc.)
Bonus points *** If you are really awesome and organized and my idol, you bring in your own bags and receive 5 cents off for each bag. (Mine are always neatly nestled away in my trunk…& forgotten.) I’m organized like that.
See? I wasn’t joking when I said couponing at Target wasn’t for the faint at heart!
This are my numbers after this weeks shopping trip to Target:
original total (after sales, but before coupons & apps) 190.00
MINUS coupons, cartwheel, redcard discounts. -81.00
MINUS Mail-in-rebates and app discounts -28.50
NEW TOTAL 80.50
Not “Extreme Couponing”, but serious savings for a little bit of time and effort. Not bad!
If you would like to see my last post on my favorite savings websites, click here.
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!