The detox we generally do in January is basically a vegetarian diet with a few more restrictions. We cut out all processed food, all glutens, all sugars, all meat. Basically, everything I live on the other 11 months of the year! 🙂
To make this hearty & very healthy Pasta Fagoli:
I am starting out with dried white beans, if you have canned beans, just skip this first part.
The easiest way to prep your dry beans:
1. Fill crock pot 1/4 to 1/2 full with dried beans.
2. Fill the pot up with water.
3. Add bay leaves, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and salt. (or whatever sounds good!!) rosemary would be yummy too!
4. Let them soak overnight. (don’t turn the crock pot on yet!!)
5. In the morning, drain the water and rinse the beans.
6. Then, put the beans back in the crock pot, fill with water to the top. Add fresh spices. Turn on the crock pot for 8 hours on low. Easy peasy! (WAY tastier than canned beans – though those are fine in a pinch!)
7. Don’t stop crocking until they are tender. 🙂
- White beans, 6 - canned or 1 entire bag, home made
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- 2 cups Quinoa
- S & P
- 1. In your largest pot, sauté diced onions and garlic in olive oil.
- 2. Add a ton of white beans and sauté a little bit. I like to add the salt, pepper and spices at this point.
- 3. Dump in a couple huge cans of diced tomatoes, juice and all.
- 4. Slice up sun-dried tomatoes and add to the pot.
- 5. Give a healthy squirt of tomato paste.
- 5. Finally, dump in a cup or two of quinoa and cook the soup until the quinoa is done (simmering for 10 to 15 minutes).
- 6. Season to taste.
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!