One day I went in to Starbucks and they greeted me by name. Uh-oh, I think I’ve been going in too much! 🙂 ha! But, in celebration of sending the kids back to school, PTA meetings, field trips and other volunteer opportunities when you definitely some Starbucks love, this gift card giveaway is for you, Mom!
Here are some “secrets” to getting your dollars to stretch at Starbucks – they are my favorite ways to get my fancy coffee taste without killing my budget:
- If you must have a latte – go for the cafe misto. It is cheaper and saves you calories! If you must have a flavor, go for one pump of the syrup (sugar-free will save you some calories, too!) – A latte will cost you $3.95, whereas a misto will only set you back $2.10.
- Another way to get a cheap iced latte? First of all, don’t order a latte. Instead, order 3 shots over ice. Add half and half, milk or almond milk yourself at the condiment bar. Save $2 on one drink!
- Instead of using the pricy syrups, sweeten your drink with the complimentary honey, cinnamon, chocolate or vanilla sugar in your coffee instead!
- Make the price you paid for your morning cup of coffee stretch even further – Bring back your coffee cup from that morning for $.50 refills throughout the day on iced or hot coffee or hot or iced tea. (Or, bring in your reusable Starbucks cup for $.50 coffees all day long!
- Never pay for a bottled water at Starbucks! Their ice water is triple-filtered, delicious and FREE.
- Order “no water” with your iced or chai teas. Starbucks tea is watered down from concentrate. When you order “no water” it’s like getting 2 teas for one! Stronger means you can add ice and stretch your cup of tea even further.
- Instead of ordering a tall cappuccino, order a “short” which has the same amount of espresso for less cash.
- If you want two Frappuccinos (one for you and one for a friend) – ask for an additional cup and purchase a Venti instead of two grandes. You will need to split the frappe yourself, but you will each save a buck! A venti frappe is $4+. A grande is $3!
- Get a cheaper chai latte by asking for a hot chai tea (not the latte) and pay $.60 for them to fill it up with hot milk. If you want it over ice, ask for a cup of ice and use the cold milk at the condiment bar. Remember to ask for no water added as it will be stronger (and less sweet.) If this seems confusing, just order a chai tea misto.
- If you love the flavors of the frappaccinos but not the price, you could wait for the 1/2 price afternoons. But who wants to do that?! Just order a straight up iced coffee and ask for the frappe flavor you are craving! You will save around $2!
I hope you enjoyed these money-saving-ideas whether or not you win the Starbucks Gift Card giveaway!
We are pretty budget savvy here at Families That Stick. If you are interested in getting your finances in control this year, check out these great posts!
- The secret to going on a budget, paying off your debt and living your dreams
- How to build a cash budget
- Budgeting: Free printables for setting up a cash budget
I’m sorry, you missed the contest, but the tips for saving money at Starbucks is still awesome! The WINNER is Paige Chandler! Congratulations to our lucky reader!
Families That Stick Starbucks $25 Gift Card Giveaway
This post is hosted by: Families that Stick and is in no way connected with Starbucks.
Here are the other giveaways you can enter. Hop from link to link to enter!
Hosts & participating hop bloggers are not responsible for sponsors or self-sponsoring bloggers that do not fulfill prize obligations.
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!