Do you want to hear about the best discovery since….umm…ever? Have you ever made caramel apples using the Kraft caramel squares? You know, the ones you have to set aside an entire afternoon just to unwrap the darn, hard-as-rock candies? How old were they anyway? Well, Kraft came out with this awesome product…CARAMEL BITS! You are welcome. Now, go on with your life… 😉
So, on with the recipe. First, you wash, dry & spear your apples with twisty, spooky-looking sticks. (I used our pine trees’ sticks, as they were thin and gnarly.)
Melt your caramel bits and 2 Tbs. water, over a medium flame.
(Don’tcha love this vintage orange LeCreuset? Please ignore the rust. 😉
How cute are these sprinkles? (Thank you Home Goods!)
Then, dip the apples into the caramel and then the sprinkles. Here is the printable for your Spooky Caramel Apples!
- 1 bag of small gala apples (approx. 11)
- 1 bag of Caramel Bits
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1-2 jars of sprinkles
- twisty sticks from your yard (I used pine sticks)
- Wash & dry your apples. Put all the sticks into the apples.
- While your caramel is melting with the water, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, dump your sprinkles into a wide bowl.
- Keep stirring your caramel, so she don't burn. That would be a shame!
- Begin dipping your apples into the caramel. Keep it warm so it is thin, but not so hot that it runs off your apple. It is a delicate dance my friend! 🙂
- Immediately dip your apple into the sprinkles and set onto the parchment lined baking pan to cool. If you have room in your refrigerator, let the caramel harden there (but it isn't necessary if your caramel is cool enough.)
- Have fun & get creative with your toppings!
What is your favorite topping on caramel apples? Sprinkles, nuts, chocolate? Or, do you like them just a classic caramel? Shout it out in the comments below.
Also, if you haven’t subscribed, you are going to want to today! You will never miss another post again!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!