We haven’t repainted my daughter’s room since she was an infant. She’s going into middle school this fall, so it’s time to get rocking a real teen girl bedroom! This was such a FUN room to re-do, but also a little frightening. Like any artist, she has pretty strong likes and dislikes. She loves art, lots of stuff, and loads of color. She doesn’t like white. We decided on a Boho-Chic style room that included an art loft, but we surprised her with something else…
This was the before pic…
TEEN GIRL BEDROOM ROOM REVEAL:
And after lots of sleepless nights, paint and tears…here is her Boho Chic redesign! TA-DAA! Here you see the cozy sleeping nook and the art loft studio.
Here you see her seating area, where she can get cozy with all her girlfriends (or me!)
A stage for her performances on guitar, singing or acting out dramas with her friends.
- Paint by Benjamin Moore; Walls – Eggshell/Palladian Blue, Trim & Doors – Semi-gloss/ Hazy Blue
- Ceiling Light – IKEA
- Rugs – Target
- Teal Paint Cart – Michael’s
- Horse Picture – Marshall’s
- HOPE picture – Micheal’s
- Lights on pulleys – Amazon (Wall mount pulley for pendant lamps, retro fabric cord, industrial style vintage cages, edison bulbs)
- “Crate” Loft & Stage – DIY creation of the Hubs. Materials by Home Depot.
- Art supplies – Amazon (brushes, sponges, paint brush cleaner, paint, palette paper, painting knife set)
- Coffee Table – Target
- White Furry Chair – Target
- ART letters – Michael’s
- Sticker lighting – Michael’s (outlines the window)
I hope you enjoyed this room reveal! Is there a resource you are looking for? Have a question about dimensions? Just leave your question below and we will do our best to get ’em answered!
If you are looking for more creative kid’s room ideas, check these out:
This post contains affiliate links. Please read more about my disclosures here.
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!