aka…how to feed a bunch of people without going broke. 🙂
We started doing a soup night each week to serve our life group. It began as a way to feed our members who would come right from work, starving, but still craving community. Now, I am having so much fun making all these delicious soups, we may never eat casserole again! Long live soup! 🙂
The soups we have served so far has been:
- Beef Stew with Barley – delicious!
- Cheesy Broccoli – scrumptious!
- Corn Chowder – awesomeness!
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup – lovely!
- and last night, a friend made Sausage, Kale, Potato Soup – to die for!
- tomorrow, we will have Tomato Soup with mini grilled cheese “croutons” – yummy!
- next week, Green Chile and Tomatillo Pork Stew – can’t wait!
We usually serve a bread and a dessert. Sometimes, I will add pigs in a blanket for the kiddos. Drinks include ice water, tea and coffee. Easy and fun. And, it allows “the hostess with the mostess” to enjoy her company! Try a soup night with your neighbors or small group. You might get addicted!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!