DO I REALLY NEED A FOOD BUDGET?
We all know and understand that we need a BUDGET for our FINANCES, we need a SCHEDULE for our TIME, we need a PLAN for our CLEANING LIST. Nothing happens unless it is planned for. That includes our eating habits.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Obesity is the #2 cause of preventable death in the United States
- 8 out of 10 American’s over 25 is overweight. YIKES!
3. Keep a food journal – there are tons of great resources online, apps that will give you calorie counts on everything including restaurant food. The only RULE about this step is that you must write down EVERYTHING. Not just the good things that you eat, like the steamed broccoli. You must also include the handful of M&M’s! 🙂
Calorie Counter by MyFitnessPal – this is the top rated app for calorie counting and exercise tracking, as well as food journaling. They have a website and mobile apps.
- Hot Chocolate from Dunkin Doughnuts – 220 calories.
- For a small hot apple cider at Starbucks, 180 calories. (yea right, who is ordering a small?!!)
- A grande Carmel Macchiato at Starbucks – 224 calories
- How about a whole milk Hot Chocolate at Starbucks with Whipping Cream….440 calorie! eeek!
The point is, we all think we eat well, until they begin journaling and figuring out how many calories are going in, without us even noticing!
8. Everything Counts – yea, it is true for positive and negative choices. But, instead of getting all weighed down by every poor choice that I make (because we all do! We are not going to live on broccoli and grapes our entire lives – and that isn’t the point anyway!) I try to think of as a positive motivator. Every time I make a healthier choice, each time I exercise…it all counts. No matter how small – yes, taking a walk around the block for ten minutes counts. It probably does more for us than we ever realize. It gets your blood pumping, your metabolism rolling and your head cleared. It even gives you a boost of “happy juice” (adrenaline! 🙂 And, can’t we all use a little more of that?
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!