Do you know my perfect dessert? Anything with a little crunch, and a little salty to cut the sweet. This layer dessert is pure heaven with a crust of buttery pretzels, a layer of a sweet cream cheese layer and a layer of Welch’s 100% grape juice made into a cold and fruity gelatin. This Welch’s 100% Grape Juice Dessert is refreshing & delicious. Top it with a little whipping cream and try not to eat the entire pan. This is an easy, family-friendly recipe that utilizes the yummy, back-to-your-childhood flavor of Welch’s 100% Grape Juice. Yum!
But, I also want to feed my family healthy foods, not empty calories. February is Heart Health Month, this is the perfect time to include Welch’s 100% Grape Juice back into your families diet. We are supposed to “eat the rainbow, but how hard is it to include blue/purple” into your diet? Those blue/purple colors have specific nutrients called polyphenols. In fact, Concord grapes provide many of the same polyphenols and heart-health benefits as red wine! We all know how healthy red wine is…we just drink it for our health, right? Right!! 😉 However, because Concord grapes are only available during a very short period each fall, 100% grape juice made with Concord grapes is the best way to enjoy them and ensure you’re getting their heart-health benefits all year-round.
Click here to get a coupon for your Welch’s 100% Grape Juice and make this healthy dessert for your family!
Want to see how easy this dessert is to make?
Print out this easy recipe and don’t forget to print out your coupon!
- 4 1/4 cups Welch's 100% Grape Juice
- 4 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 4 cups pretzels
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 8 oz cream cheese (I personally prefer neufchatel cheese)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz whipped topping
- optional: whipping cream for topping
- Place grape juice and gelatin in pot and bring to just boiling. Cool by placing into freezer for 1/2 hour.
- Place pretzels in food processor and pulse until uniformly smooth. Pour melted butter into processor and pulse to combine. Press pretzel mixture into 13 x 9 pan. Press down for a nice smooth crust.
- Blend softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in room temperature whipped topping until combined. Completely cover pretzel layer, completely to the edges. (if there are any gaps, the liquid will drip onto the pretzel layer making them soggy)
- When grape juice is totally cooled to room temperature, pour grape juice over cream cheese mixture. Allow to set up for at least two hours before serving. YUM!
I hope you enjoy this recipe & your coupon for Welch’s 100% Grape Juice!
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!