- 1 1/2 c of unbleached flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, chilled and divided
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 c plain yogurt
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t lemon zest
- 2 c fruit (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or rhubarb)
- 1/4 c turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Oil a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light, scraping down the sides. Beat in the egg.
- In a measuring cup, mix yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat in half the yogurt mixture into the sugar and butter, add 1/3 flour mixture, beat in the remaining yogurt mixture and then the remaining flour mixture. It is important not to over mix this batter.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour into lightly oiled pan.
- Top with berries lightly patting them into the batter.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 35 minutes, making sure to insert a toothpick in the center to check it comes out clean.
- Let it rest in the pan at least 10 minutes, then enjoy to your heart's content!
What are your favorite ways to cook rhubarb? Add your ideas or links in the comments. We would love to see your ideas!
Tip Jar: When making bacon, place the strips down in a COLD sauté pan. This will keep the ends from curling up and yet you still get some nice bacon grease. Every now and again, flatten the bacon with a spatula to encourage it to stay perfectly flat.
SIGN UP TODAY for the MINI-MARRIAGE CHALLENGE
Register for a FREE 5-Day Mini-Marriage Workshop. It's packed full of great lessons, encouragement, activities and printables to give you a happy marriage!